I need a switch.......

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mjstef said:
A momentary switch that could mount on a stick shift. Need to be able to power an item when i switch the switch but it needs to go open circuit when i let go....

Wish I was alot smarter about PC's, so I could send Pic's but...Here's what I did for my, gear shift mounted, exhaust brake switch:

1. Got a 15 amp momentary "mini" switch from Radio Shack.

2. Cut a piece of 1" aluminum square stock 1 1/2" long. Painted it Semi-Gloss black.(To make a mounting box)

3. Used the plastic end caps for 1" square stock, drilled one cap to mount the switch, drilled a 3/8 hole in the other cap for the wires.

4. Mounted the box on the shift lever, ran the wires thru the Boot, under the carpet, up under the dash to the connections. used Zip Ties to hold the wires >under< the shift lever.

Zat make any sence at all :confused: :confused:

JOE

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Wish I was alot smarter about PC's, so I could send Pic's but...Here's what I did for my, gear shift mounted, exhaust brake switch:

1. Got a 15 amp momentary "mini" switch from Radio Shack.

2. Cut a piece of 1" aluminum square stock 1 1/2" long. Painted it Semi-Gloss black.(To make a mounting box)

3. Used the plastic end caps for 1" square stock, drilled one cap to mount the switch, drilled a 3/8 hole in the other cap for the wires.

4. Mounted the box on the shift lever, ran the wires thru the Boot, under the carpet, up under the dash to the connections. used Zip Ties to hold the wires >under< the shift lever.

Zat make any sence at all :confused: :confused:

JOE
Sounds like a cool DIY there Joe,I sent you a PM to see if we can get those pics uploaded :sweet

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
I tried wearing your underwear sweetheart, but I ain't as small as you, twinkle toes :roflmao :roflmao

:roflmao
Ok, this can be fun again. This is what I remember, tech when we need tech, ribbing when we need ribbing. Thanks MAX and Crew. I think we can make this a "wholesome" site as the other was once for a while.

( BTW, maybe if you had not washed them in HOT water first, they might have fit??? :dunno :D )

Barrett

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58