I need help on my exhaust install. . .

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my exhaust and I'm stuck. I can't get my 4" downpipe through the top or bottom of the engine bay, any you guys had any luck with this on your own? (I know one of you has) It was soooo much easier on the 7.3L. I gotta get this thing back together in the next 2 hours so any help is mucho appreciated.

jimmypage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it the stock one if so i took a saw to mine to get it out and some how the new 4" slid right in you have to go from under the truck and push it through to the turbo it sucks good luck

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my exhaust and I'm stuck. I can't get my 4" downpipe through the top or bottom of the engine bay, any you guys had any luck with this on your own? (I know one of you has) It was soooo much easier on the 7.3L. I gotta get this thing back together in the next 2 hours so any help is mucho appreciated.

I had a bear of a time getting my stock down pipe off as well. I took a saw to it in a couple different places so that I was able to twist it out. Took quite a while to do, but after the right amount of cuts (and cutting off the wrapping) it came out.

On a positive note, the new one will go in pretty easily because it won't have the wrapping around it.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Yeah coming out is purty hard it takes two people to install the downpipe someone underneath wigglin it back and forth and someone up top attaching it. Mine was a 2 piece downpipe so i only stuck up the turbo pipe and attached the other section after it was mounted to the turbo. So if yers is two pieces also dont try to put em together first. Sorry i couldn't tell you this earlier. Yer prolly already done

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Yeah coming out is purty hard it takes two people to install the downpipe someone underneath wigglin it back and forth and someone up top attaching it. Mine was a 2 piece downpipe so i only stuck up the turbo pipe and attached the other section after it was mounted to the turbo. So if yers is two pieces also dont try to put em together first. Sorry i couldn't tell you this earlier. Yer prolly already done

Wish somebody would've told me it was a two man job before I did mine!

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, but I finally got it in before any one replied. The stocker almost fell out, but that 4" one was a b!tch. I just tapped on the bottom of it w/ a rubber mallet til it finally pushed through. I had no issues on my 7.3L when I did it, but the 6.0L engine bay is soooo cramped, it's rediculous, like they don't want us working on them or something. Thanks again!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, but I finally got it in before any one replied. The stocker almost fell out, but that 4" one was a b!tch. I just tapped on the bottom of it w/ a rubber mallet til it finally pushed through. I had no issues on my 7.3L when I did it, but the 6.0L engine bay is soooo cramped, it's rediculous, like they don't want us working on them or something. Thanks again!

you think the 6.0L bay is full...go look at a 6.4L

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Yeah, already seen that, doesn't affect me tho. I'll be hangin on to this truck for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14