I Need Tires

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have 02 SuperDuty Diesel 2 x 4. 46,000 original miles.Crew. Need new set of tires. mostly hwy. miles, some towing, no off road. Need some good ones. Don't have a clue what to buy. Want a great ride,but and want them to last. Need good tires. can someone advise me? Trisha in Louisiana thanks

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Ive heard alot of good about Michelin LTX's. They get good reports for ride, mileage, and traction/handling. That is my plan for replacements.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD trisha.
I have Bridgstone dueller AT's and they are great all round tire. Do you haul anything heavy enough to need to worry about load ratings, if you dont need an E rated tire there is a wider selection of D ratings.
I had LTX's on a truck back in 93 and they were good tires but a few years ago my dad put a set on his truck and my mom's suburban and both sets had problems with bulges and broken bands in the tires. Since they were installed with a few months of each other at the same place it could have been a bad batch. :dunno

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
Welcome to SDD trisha.
I have Bridgstone dueller AT's and they are great all round tire. Do you haul anything heavy enough to need to worry about load ratings, if you dont need an E rated tire there is a wider selection of D ratings.
I had LTX's on a truck back in 93 and they were good tires but a few years ago my dad put a set on his truck and my mom's suburban and both sets had problems with bulges and broken bands in the tires. Since they were installed with a few months of each other at the same place it could have been a bad batch. :dunno
We do pull a 24' GN sometime, and we have decided to go witht he Bridgestone Revo as the Michelin are not available and have to be ordered. I sure do appreciate your answers. I hope this tire will serve us well. Trisha :thumbs

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Please excuse my rudeness. :doh: Welcome to the site!!! I've heard good about the Bridgestones too.

trisha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Please excuse my rudeness. :doh: Welcome to the site!!! I've heard good about the Bridgestones too.
Thanks a lot, I WANT my dog as my avatar also, but they are too big, how do I do this? Trisha :thumbs

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
trisha said:
Thanks a lot, I WANT my dog as my avatar also, but they are too big, how do I do this? Trisha :thumbs
If your talking about the pictures being too big then you would need to resize them to 155 by 155 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller). If you dont have anything to edit the photo's with I highly recomend IrfanView, its a free image editor. www.irfanview.com You can then upload it in the UserCP under Edit Avatar.
If its because your dog is too big then I cant help you there :D

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Ive heard alot of good about Michelin LTX's. They get good reports for ride, mileage, and traction/handling. That is my plan for replacements.
Im running the LTX M/S's in 265/75/16 10 plys...I love them for dry pavement and some goo, but they get really squirrelly(sp) in the rain...even at low speed...I will go with the A/T's next time...I run 76 psi on all 4 corners and the ride isnt that bad. I think I paid 180 a tire...for mine, Ive got about 30K on them and they look pretty good still. I rotate/balance them about every 15K so they have worn well!!

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
If your talking about the pictures being too big then you would need to resize them to 155 by 155 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller). If you dont have anything to edit the photo's with I highly recomend IrfanView, its a free image editor. www.irfanview.com You can then upload it in the UserCP under Edit Avatar.
If its because your dog is too big then I cant help you there :D

thats what I use, makes it easy :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg