I need to vent...

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geeeez;

I am on another site ( a FE Ford site, 360/390/410/427/428 etc.)
and this guy just acquired two used "not run in ten years" engines, a 360 and a 410 and wants to make one good engine from the two. He does not want to spend any money except for gaskets. He says he has been building engines for years. :eek: He is going to mix and match parts from both engines and use the old bearings etc. The pistons, rods and crank are different on these two engines, (balance) along with a whole bunch of things this guy has not thought out. He plans on using his truck to pull a 5th wheel.:eek:
He better plan on pulling his 5th wheel in his own driveway, because that is about as far as he is going to get. He wants to take the best cam from one engine and put it into the best block. They will fit, but mixing lifters is a no, no.
But you can not tell this guy anything...
Dumb,,, dumb,,, dumb..

Reminds me of the people that have trouble voting, with hanging chad.
They are out there....:watchout

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always find it frustrating when people come for advice, and then fight every piece of advice that you give. Worse than a teenager.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Well at least it will only cost him time and gaskets.

We reused a cam once and kept the lifters in order and it still went flat in less than a month. You can get away with mixing the other part the. I have not done it but one of the engines we rebuilt had mix and match con rods.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta let people like that go ahead and do what they want, so they will hopefully learn from their foolishness.

If he uses the 410 crank, and 360 rods and pistons, he will have a grand time trying to bolt on the heads, because the piston will be above the block surface. He might use a hacksaw to "lower" the pistons..lol...
360 is internally balanced, 410 externally balanced. He would not need hydraulics to get his truck to bounce...:lmao

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I wish this guy lived next door to me...I could use the free entertainment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg