I prefer to smoke

therealjakeg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mght sound lame but I have a 06 250 lariat and I want to know how to make her smoke a little. I have a edge juice full banks intercooler and intAke and no cat. Any suggestions or am I dumb. Thanks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your computer won't let the truck make smoke without some sort of a programmer or a chip. Smoke does not make power, just annoys others.

Dave

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i agree totally with everyone above, smoke is wasted fuel and HP. its also usually accompanied by egts above the allowable limits.

with that being said, if you really want just the smoke, put a plastic bag over most of the air cleaner. it will smoke.

if you put a programmer or chip in, it will smoke but when properly tuned the smoke will lighten to a "haze" coming out the tailpipe when the boost catches up. that is good.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I agree with the majority of the posts that smoke is wasted HP, it is nice every once and a while to "slap" a dodge with that common "cool" duals or a chevy owner that thinks his truck is the only thing worthy to be on the road. The secert is controlling the use of the smaller pedal and respecet other drivers.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to disagree with the advise Zookie gives, don't put plastic bags over your intake. THAT IS BAD!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58