acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
what do you think? :)

collarbone.jpg

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think that you will be using the other side for a while. Take it easy so it repairs quickly! Jeffro

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
so here is what happened...

We met up with a group of friends on Thursday evening for Easter weekend in California City, near Mojave, and stayed until Monday afternoon.

Saturday we went on a 100 mile ride, the boys were wiped out from Fridays ride and didn't go on this one. What a great ride. Fast and hard.
We got about 50 miles into it when I decided (not by choice) to do a fast get off.
I buried my front wheel into the base of the 3rd woops after clearing the first two, and the bike came to a fast stop. I tried to do a tuck and roll onto my back, but just did not quite make it.
Landed on my left shoulder. I felt and heard it, and knew I broke it right as it happened. Broke the left collar bone into three pieces.
We were high in the rocky hills and canyons. After dusting off and making a few calls back to camp, we doubled up on a bike and I was taken out of the rough stuff.
Once we got me down to the flats, the guys went back into the hills to get my bike.
I rode one handed for the next 1 1/2 hour cutting our own trail thru the thick bushes to get to the extraction point. That was fun....

My wife drove me to the nearest hospital 1 hour away. Five hours later we left there knowing the same thing....that I broke it.

At least now I have some cool black and whites of my chest and shoulder.
The hospital didn't do anything other than give me painkillers and tell me I was better off seeing my own doctor....

Sunday was a R&R day with therapy....Motrin and beer.

Most of the group left on Sunday, but there were still a few Marines that spent the night and helped tie things down in the camper. we got everything back in and took off for our 4 hour drive home...

With the exception of the minor crash, it was a great weekend!

I heal fast, so I’m not too worried about it

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You now have joined an elite club.. Many bike riders have done what you did. I am glad that you heal fast. Later on in life, that does not occur. Years from now, you will be laughing about it, and telling how it happened around a camp fire somewhere around Mojave or Bishop.
:D

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I did that this summer on my quad. not in three places though. They can't do much about it. Hopw your back to 100% soon.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
dunno what hurts more, going off the high side and busting a collarbone, or tank-slapping..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14