I think my FICM's gone bad.

Blackduck1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Damn I'm back in here again with out good news! I'd rather be on here reporting I bought bunch of parts from bulletproof diesel or something like that but NOOOOO!!! I'm here to ask the experts if I got this one right? I was on the freeway the other day I seem to get a loss in power as I looked in my sideview mirror saw black smoke as I accelerated. I made it home and parked it. Started the truck the next day it was hard to start and there was white smoke this time. I tried to move it and it died several times I finally got it started and I parked it and haven't driven it I just ride my motorcyle. Needless to say I've been doing the research and it sounds like my ficm has gone bad. My trucks a 2004 SRW no mods to the engine yet! Only 128,000miles on it. I don't drive it everyday I live in SoCal so the weathers nice and I live a couple blocks from the beach so I'm always on my bike. I only take it out when I go dirtbike riding or hauling something.
Thanks In advance

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get it scanned. You should see codes if the Check Engine light is ON. You might even get a code or tow if the Check Engine light is not on. Post the code numbers here and we can give you a much better diagnostic, rather than just guessing. The codes should be in P-***x format, with a four digit number.

Dave :coffee

Blackduck1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave I will get on that Monday I have to work all weekend so I won't be able to tackle it until Monday afternoon but I will keep you in the loop!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg