I want 4wd

RedPenguin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yup just like the subject title says. Only problem is, I don't know what transfer case the F250 comes standard with. I'm gunna do a SAS using a dana 50 from an F350 because its stronger than a Dana 44 and cheaper than a Dana 60. Right now I'm just trying to price stuff out and I don't have the space to do it either

RedPenguin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I beleive our transfer cases are the BW 1356. Looks like its about $850.00 from HERE.

I'd be junkyarding it. The junkyard near me has everything imagineable in the way of trucks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
RedPenguin said:
I'd be junkyarding it. The junkyard near me has everything imagineable in the way of trucks
Then you should get the D60 and be done with it.:2c

RedPenguin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Then you should get the D60 and be done with it.:2c

Uugh dude a D60 is not a t-case and its not cheap even from a junkyard. D50 is plenty strong. My truck is just a tow rig not an offroad rig

RedPenguin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
sell your truck and go getcha a 4wd one this time.
:roflmao :roflmao :thumbs

Thats actually one of my considerations Cuz I got a really good deal on the truck so i could actually sell it for about a grand more than I paid for it

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
RedPenguin said:
Thats actually one of my considerations Cuz I got a really good deal on the truck so i could actually sell it for about a grand more than I paid for it

hey man, go for it, i really think that would be the best thing to do. i know i have seen trucks in mags that were 2wd and had a sex change to become a
4wd, just sounds like a lot of aggrevation and trouble to go thru.
:thumbs :thumbs

RedPenguin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you do it right, it can be done in a long weekend by yourself. Its not hard if yo u have fab skillz like me

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
RedPenguin said:
Uugh dude a D60 is not a t-case and its not cheap even from a junkyard. D50 is plenty strong. My truck is just a tow rig not an offroad rig
You gotta be kidding me? Here for the last 5 years I was under the impression that my D-60 front end WAS my transfer case.........:rolleyes: Oh, and I think I might have been the one to clue you into what transfer case our trucks had in them to begin with. :D

But maybe you forgot you said this in your opening post;

RedPenguin said:
I'm gunna do a SAS using a dana 50 from an F350 because its stronger than a Dana 44 and cheaper than a Dana 60.
and then this followed it up later.....
RedPenguin said:

Everybody that has the D50 drools over the D60 and wishes for the day they can swap it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim