photos I would have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
The majority of the people over here has the “me first” mentality. I have seen it from the lowest levels to the highest levels of their society. They are not pulling together to get their country back in order and improve things. The “dignitaries” that I deal with really piss me off. They only know corruption and serving themselves.

So it is just like here!

That is exactly what I thought as I was reading his response.

I was waiting for some one to compare the selfishness of the U.S. and Iraqi citizens.

Are you saying that you set us all up so you could "educate" us? Why didn't you just come out and say it up front?

I do agree to a certain extent. However, here it is not only excepted, but expected. It is like they do not know any better.

I think it would serve you well to recognize that for what it is. I would expect nothing less from an oppressed people. You are absolutely correct, they know nothing else. That doesn't make them bad people. They are now awkwardly learning how to be FREE. We are extremely blessed to live in the greatest nation on the planet, yet we still have a "me first" mentality, "from the lowest levels to the highest levels of [our] society", we "are not pulling together to get our country back in order and improve things", and "our dignitaries...only know corruption and serving themselves".

So, the only real difference is that they are just learning how to be free, while most of us were born free, and still live as you described!

I too thank you for laying it on the line, and understand why you would feel the way you do. However, I would encourage you to NEVER entertain a thought that justifies Saddam's tyranical reign of terror over the people of Iraq. He was purely evil, and there is nothing that would EVER convince me otherwise. Thinking in such a way undermines the very purpose of the current US mission in Iraq.

Thanks for the interesting dialogue. I think my time is finished in this thread~

Be safe*

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Guys, stuff like this is what tears our site to pieces and puts member against member.

If some of you would like to continue to talk about it, please do so by way of private messages.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14