IAT-intake air temp

dialedin86

dialedin86
Reaction score
I started my truck (95 F350 7.3 powerstroke) the other day and all was normal, then it acted like air in the fuel system, very rough idle, then normal but when went to drive it, it had no power or low rpm's and check engine light flashed.
I parked it as I was working on something else, the next morning I go to start it and it is hard starting and when it does coulds of white smoke.
idles normal and then the rough idle comes back. my edge programer gave a code of P1111 and stated "Intake air temp sensor intermitent/high volume"
any thoughts ? is this most likely the sensor or something else.
It acts like the rocker cover harness is bad and runs as if in safe mode (4 cyl?)

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started my truck (95 F350 7.3 powerstroke) the other day and all was normal, then it acted like air in the fuel system, very rough idle, then normal but when went to drive it, it had no power or low rpm's and check engine light flashed.
I parked it as I was working on something else, the next morning I go to start it and it is hard starting and when it does coulds of white smoke.
idles normal and then the rough idle comes back. my edge programer gave a code of P1111 and stated "Intake air temp sensor intermitent/high volume"
any thoughts ? is this most likely the sensor or something else.
It acts like the rocker cover harness is bad and runs as if in safe mode (4 cyl?)

What was the outside temp ? Had it been sitting a while ? Did it ever clear up and run right ?

Last edited:

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P1111 is the system pass code (so there should be no issues there). I don't know why it would mention the IAT with that code??? The IAT codes are 0112 for IAT input low and 0113 for IAT input high. I would bet that you have a problem in the injector wiring (UVCHs, valvecover gaskets, external harness connections). If any of the connections, internal or external have burned/melted, replace the valvecover gasket too. Cheers!

dialedin86

dialedin86
Reaction score
:clap:Thanks for the input. I thought it would be the rocker cover gasket/harness. I will check it tomorrow.
Happy Turkey Day!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58