Ice Truckers

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonkadoctor, those are some great pictures!!!!! Yes it's nice to know we have our own "ice trucker" within our ranks. I'm sure you were on "pins and needles" driving across it all.

Driving on the ice doesn't bother me a bit, comfortable enough to snap a bunch of shots with the Blackberry Curve at 6 MPH (10 Kph), only time I don't like driving in it is when I can't see the road. AB 40 is narrow, has no services for over 100 miles, has no shoulder and is a straight drop off the mountains in most places and when it got dark it was hairy in the snow storm.

This sugged....... especially when it got dark, I pulled over to cool a tire;) at an intersection when I took this shot.
View attachment 7792

I'm originally from MI and used to go ice fishing on Sage lake out of the windows of my '82 F150. Drill one hole on each side of the truck and drop in a line:D

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I got a kick out of Ice Road Trucker when it aired last year. The producers of that show have been up here all winter filming a new show called Tougher In Alaska. It is suppose to air on the history channel sometime this spring or summer. It will be a 13 episode series featuring different jobs in Alaska including mine :eek: but I think I managed to stay out of site.

moorehuntley productions.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14