Question ICP and Pigtail replaced, now what?

blinocac200sx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I started having issues where the engine would run rough and die if I tried to drive it before letting it warm up. I could get it back started, and if I let it warm up, it ran fine. I assumed this was the ICP sensor, since I knew I needed a new one. I replaced it and the [pigtail, and it's still giving me trouble, and is now dying while idling before warm up. Any ideas? I had some cooling system issues recently, and it got driven while hot. I'm hoping I didn't do some damage before I got the issue fixed.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After MANY years of Back'n Forth on here.... From a cross section of PSD owners... 6.9 thru 6.7... These PSD's run best on a good quality 5W40 FULL SYNTHETIC.

But like anything else to do with Your PSD... The CALL is yours to make.

Joe

On your Warm-Up issues ? The ECM/PCM is very sensitive to oil and coolant temps and pressures, based on a number of other sensor data having to do with those temps, during warm ups.

Check all the sensor connectors for being clean & tight. How old are your Batteries ? Clean connections there ? The ECM/PCM is also very sensitive to Strong Volts & Amps.. from the Batts and charging system.. after a the current pull (load), from a cold start.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not knowing where your from, you might need to be running a 15-W-40 in the hot parts of the country.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim