icp sensor location

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can some one tell me or show me where it is located on an 04 6.0? how hard is it to change?

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Above your postng is the "Stuck" 6.0 bible. Follow the links then click on (rear of engine) diagram. It is in a very difficult spot! But the good news is that I watched a dealer tech crawl up into my engine compartment armed w/ socket,swivels and extensions and swap out mine in about 20 mins. I don't know what size socket,if that's what you were thinking. I'm sure the guys will know and may have better advice for you.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can some one tell me or show me where it is located on an 04 6.0? how hard is it to change?

If your 2004 was produced after Sept 29, 2003, then it is easy .... the ICP will be on your passenger side valve cover. If not, it is below the turbo. If it is below the turbo, there are two ways to get to it. One from underneath the truck (best done if you have a lift) and the other is from the engine well on top. You need skinny arms for both procedures.

I have a few links to some detailed descriptions of both ways if you are interested.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
If your 2004 was produced after Sept 29, 2003, then it is easy .... the ICP will be on your passenger side valve cover. If not, it is below the turbo. If it is below the turbo, there are two ways to get to it. One from underneath the truck (best done if you have a lift) and the other is from the engine well on top. You need skinny arms for both procedures.

I have a few links to some detailed descriptions of both ways if you are interested.
All this time I thought we all had the same location; I'll be ding danged.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My build date is 03/04 and my icp is on the valve cover.
A buddy has one also build date 02/04 also on the right valve cover.
I was wondering if it had been changed because the 6.0 bible doesnt list this.

Last edited:

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My build date is 03/04 and my icp is on the valve cover.
A buddy has one also build date 02/04 also on the right valve cover.
I was wondering if it had been changed because the 6.0 bible doesnt list this.

I do believe that both Feb '04/Mar. '04 are both after Sept. '03.:tounge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg