icp sensor on 7.3

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icp sensor on 7.3 and wires to it?

WHat happens if an icp sensor is going out? WOuld it throw a code? Can they cause it to act up and slightly hesitate or maybe sputter is a better term when taking foot off the pedal when driving at say 40mph?
I read somewhere that if the sensor is leaking oil out the top it gets on and ruins the wires? I am going to check mine tonite but how does one replace the wires? They must be special to do resistance, NO??? Suppoosedly if they get oil soaked they(wires are now bad)
shoot me some icp sensor and wire info?
thx

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The wires don't react to oil. Ford has been building trucks for years with the same wires. If it was a problem, millions of people would be screaming at FORD to do something about the wires. I have not heard a peep. The oil will not change the resistance of the wire, but it can make for a not-so-good connection that can fail at times. ICP's don't die all that often. Clean the connection and see if your problem goes away.

Dave

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the wires, blew on them and reinstalled. Then drove to dinner. I said to my wife, wow that engine sounds good now. But The injector noise is back an hour later. Maybe a coincidence, maybe something to do with a sensor going? Not sure, no codes.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
might want to squish the female ends together a little (use a backprobe pin or a small seal pick)...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58