ICP

99F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Where exactly is the ICP sensor located ? Any pictures would be great also. Thanks !

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99F250 said:
Where exactly is the ICP sensor located ? Any pictures would be great also. Thanks !

Here is a pic, the Blue arrow is the ICP sensor Red is my oil pressure sender

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
the Blue arrow is the ICP sensor

I believe the blue arrow is the exhaust back pressure sensor. If it is on the end of a tube that goes down to the front of the right exhaust manifold, that would be what it is.

I think the ICP is mounted on the driver side cylinder head on the forward end on the side facing the fuel filterbowl/HPOP.

99F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:

oh thats not to bad at all, thank you very much.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:

CSI, had a long day today?:confused:

The blue arrow in above pic is the EBP sensor like Tailgunner posted. The ICP sensor is in the driver's side cylinder head in the front most port in the oil rail. The red wires outside of the wire loom were my DIY 18k mod.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
CSI, had a long day today?:confused:

The blue arrow in above pic is the EBP sensor like Tailgunner posted. The ICP sensor is in the driver's side cylinder head in the front most port in the oil rail. The red wires outside of the wire loom were my DIY 18k mod.

DOhhhhhhhh:( :sorry :tounge :thanks

Yup there right I am wrong... But it was a nice looking arrow right?:dunno

99F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:

I was puzzeld when I removed what I though was the ICP sensor(I took out EBP sensor as pictured), I didn't see any oil. That's when I came back inside to look at the picture again and I sall the other post. Long story short, I got it changed, now it's a waiting game to see if my problem occurs again. Thanks to everybody who responded.

seanyounk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What problems were you having? I would like to know the symptoms in case my ICP goes out.

Thanks,

Sean

99F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
seanyounk said:
What problems were you having? I would like to know the symptoms in case my ICP goes out.

Thanks,

Sean

I was having problem with my truck jerking like it was running out of fuel, and stalling other times, then it would run fine for 50 miles then happen again. These are common symptoms for ICP and CPS sensors. I was throwing codes for both. I swapped both senors but nothing was changing. I spend a whole day searching over the wiring harness and still found nothing(short). I ended up taking my diablo chip out and I have had a problem yet(3 days, 150 miles). If it was going to happend again it would have happend by now. Long story short there was nothing wrong with the ICP or CPS, it's looking to be chip related.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl