Idle shutdown flash

Dieselgem

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a new flash without the idle shutdown? I understand that can be omitted. Was looking for what the number to be omitted is.

montyb

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am not sure quite what you are refering to but if you are talking about regen during idle there is a latest calibration available that stops regen during idle. Hope that helps

Dieselgem

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am not sure quite what you are refering to but if you are talking about regen during idle there is a latest calibration available that stops regen during idle. Hope that helps

The is an update flash out that when you have it completed will also limit how long your truck idles before it shuts down. It limits your idle.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I believe that as long as your in high idle, it won't shut it down. Either way, you could sit in traffic for hours in park in the summer or freeze in the winter. Seems like it should just run...but this is one of Fords "Better ideas' :(

allynsky

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an F450 that has the shutdown programming. I HATE IT!!!!!!! I can't stand the fact that I only have 5 minutes in the morning to let it warm up before it shuts down. This is so freaking stupid. I want to figure out how to get rid of it. The dealers, with there hands tied, say there's nothing they can do about it. Thanks a lot you idiotic tree huggers!!!!!!!!!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wander if you can do the something we do with the big rigs. Kick up the idle and turn on the cruise control and hit the set button. :dunno

Dieselgem

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They must have a way of pulling it out. My truck is registered in Florida, has the latest flash and I do not have the idle shut down. I do have the ford remote start setup and it shuts down after about 12 minutes if I use the remote. I don't usually let it idle long but did not want the shutdown installed. I had the Flash completed in Pennsylvania.

allynsky

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what I understood when I ordered my truck was that only a few states were mandating it. Here in CA, semis can't idle for then 5 minutes. I couldn't even get the back-up alert system because of the fact that this truck had to have the idle shutdown installed on it. I have no clue what one has to do with the other though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigtruk