Idling smoothly, FINALLY!!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Last August I replaced my fuel injectors with some Dynomite Diesel single shot stage 1's via Bean's. I got a new PCM flashed with a tune that was supposed to get the engine to run right with the single shot injectors. But after 8 months and many attempts with several different PCM's, my patience was exhausted and I had to pursue a different solution. While the guy does wonderful things tuning with split shot injectors, it was apparent he just wasn't able to "crack the code" of getting a single shot injector to run right in a Superduty 7.3. So I had to go another route, and got a multi-position chip from Bean's flashed with Wildman's tunes.

After all the trouble, I can finally say it's now idling silky smooth and still going like a raped ape. For anybody else thinking of going with single shots for more power and mileage, Wildman's tunes on a "flip chip" from Bean's is the way to go.:thumbs :thumbs

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
What kind of mileage do you see?
Jesse

With the last PCM tune I had before I gave up on that tuner, my commuting mpg was about a very dismal 10mpg. Since I put the multi-chip in, I've been getting about 14 going back & forth from work daily in the economy setting. I'm guessing that should equate to about about 19 mpg straight highway driving.

Also, I just found out that it appears I've got a rear brake dragging too. I'm off on Thursday so I'll look into it then. That can't be helping my mileage any.

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kent,

We are glad to see you have the idling issue resloved. It was indeed flustrating not having a truck to tune on. Jody needed a truck to live tune on to perfect the tunes. If he had a truck at the time with single shot stg 1's to live tune he would have been able to supply you with tunes you needed. He took a gambled with your setup remotely and lost.

Since the last time you and Jody discussed your idling issues he has been able to live tune a truck with your same set up and has the tunes for them. He has had single shot injector programs for well over 3 years now. He has had them for the other bigger injectors and now for stg. 1's. :sweet

Diane

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14