IDM repair ?

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can an IDM be repaired? I have one that is dead.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know. They dont look all that complicated, but they DO have some on board memory capability for the PCM.

I would guess that the "broken" part would be related to the high voltage circuit tho, and not the "brain" part.

I could be wrong tho.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
They are usually a R&R unit (remove and replace) but I have heard of guys fixing small problems in them. You really have to be an electronics guru to figure out what is wrong and if you are not one you would be money ahead to just buy a new/used one. To pay someone to figure out what is wrong with it will cost a quite a bit. If someone out there is fixing them for cheap I also have a dead one.

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well where are the electrical guru's? The one i have is a spare,spare. I picked it up in a trade but it does not work. So who wants to try to figure it out?

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I just cut my spare(working) IDM open to check out modding it, there looks like alot of complicated stuff in there, maybe try spaying it with electrical parts cleaner? Look really careful for anything that looks burnt or melted.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14