Question If you have HID's..in here please!!!

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont need the speeches please...I know they are "Illegal".

what kit do you have and was it plug and play?

I got a kit for a pretty good price I thought. They mostly deal with Mustangs and alot of happy customers and he assured me it was plug and play. the fog setup works but not the headlight setup. only thing wrong is the connectors. here is a pic of mine....how did yours look??

IMG_3523.jpg

and any way I try it, it doesnt fit!!

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I had no problems with mine, but they had an adapter to plug into the plug in your pictures, they weren't just the little metal thing on the end of a wire. They were direct plug and play. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no problems with mine, but they had an adapter to plug into the plug in your pictures, they weren't just the little metal thing on the end of a wire. They were direct plug and play. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

brand? or where u got them?

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from "HIDKing" on ebay thanks to a reccomendation from Keano! :sweet I had a good experience with him- good communication and fast shipping. I had a small problem with mine because my truck required a digital harness, so I purchased a second harness (which came in handy later). The digital harness was plug-and-play (with stock plug-ends) and worked great... at first. After a few weeks, the lights quit working and I found that water had made its way into the relay. :rant I took the relay off the first harness, siliconed every possible crack and then mounted it higher so that water couldn't reach it. No problems so far (knock on wood)! I purchased the HID Bi-xenon (hi & lo beams) 9008/H13 6000K bulbs. I'm not sure when they started using the digital harness so you might want to include your truck's year and ask him if you need a digital harness (just to be sure). Hope this helps- love my lights and wouldn't trade 'em for anything!

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from "HIDKing" on ebay thanks to a reccomendation from Keano! :sweet I had a good experience with him- good communication and fast shipping. I had a small problem with mine because my truck required a digital harness, so I purchased a second harness (which came in handy later). The digital harness was plug-and-play (with stock plug-ends) and worked great... at first. After a few weeks, the lights quit working and I found that water had made its way into the relay. :rant I took the relay off the first harness, siliconed every possible crack and then mounted it higher so that water couldn't reach it. No problems so far (knock on wood)! I purchased the HID Bi-xenon (hi & lo beams) 9008/H13 6000K bulbs. I'm not sure when they started using the digital harness so you might want to include your truck's year and ask him if you need a digital harness (just to be sure). Hope this helps- love my lights and wouldn't trade 'em for anything!

thanks for the reply....sent a message to HIDKing....if I cant get a harness guess ill have to get a whole new kit...id rather not splice.

hows the hi-low setup?? i figured with just lows, id never need the highs as the 6000k on my bike is EXCELLENT!!

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to order a harness from him for about $60 (I don't remember the exact price). Might wanna check and make sure that your bulbs will work with his harness too :dunno (just a thought). You're right about not really NEEDING the high beams, but I figured it might get some drivers off my case if I was able to flash 'em and prove that mine were already on low. :sly The only problem I've had was the hi/lo beams seem to be reversed. My dash shows the blue "high beam" icon, but the light pattern is the "low" beam? I figured that I probably just had the bulbs installed upside down, but just haven't taken the time to mess with 'em yet. They work fine like they are now- don't think I'll ever go back to regular bulbs! ;tu

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to order a harness from him for about $60 (I don't remember the exact price). Might wanna check and make sure that your bulbs will work with his harness too :dunno (just a thought). You're right about not really NEEDING the high beams, but I figured it might get some drivers off my case if I was able to flash 'em and prove that mine were already on low. :sly The only problem I've had was the hi/lo beams seem to be reversed. My dash shows the blue "high beam" icon, but the light pattern is the "low" beam? I figured that I probably just had the bulbs installed upside down, but just haven't taken the time to mess with 'em yet. They work fine like they are now- don't think I'll ever go back to regular bulbs! ;tu

great thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14