If you like working with tablesaws

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would most certainly give $60 for a finger but, I think the initial cost of the saw itself is hard to choke down. Most people who pay that much are woodworking on a weekly/daily basis and have a respect and understanding of the tools that are used. The occasional DIY'er who may not be as familiar with the table saw is the one who needs the added protection that this saw provides. We will have to give it a couple years for another manufacturer to bring this same technology to the market so that the price comes down. $1600 is a pretty good chuck of change for contractor saw.

I beg to differ with you there chief. My dad lost the tips of his two fingers on one and he was far from a DIY'er. When it happens to someone with over 20 years experience the $1600 ain't to bad a price. Everyone needs the added protection that this offers, but yes the price is going to be prohibitive for most people.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Rich has the idea. It is an insurance policy for your digits. I work with these, and other tools, every day. I have a lot of time, but stuff happens. To my company it is worth it, verses the hospital charges and lost time. SAFETY FIRST!!

Dave

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
thats a very good question.i guess you would have to make sure you did get all the staples before cutting.and make sure you remember that every time you use it.and keep a spare cartridge or 2 around just incase?but its still worth the cost to save a finger or even the whole hand.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The saw will stop if a conductor comes in contact with the blade. If for some reason you were sawing very wet lumber it would also stop. I completely see everyone's point about safety first. As a business owner I would want the added safety for my employees. I am hypicritical when it comes to safety. I have much higher regard for other's safety than my own. I will probably cut my finger this weekend after everything that I have posted.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
I wonder how soon these will be made mandatory for public high school shop classes? Great idea! I'm the average "Joe DIY woodworker" I've had a few close calls. But being a machinist, I'm always aware of where my hands and fingers are in relation to a cutting tool. Ok with that said.. Now I'm gonna go cut my fingers off next time I fire up the old table saw.:doh:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No wet wood or staples, or it will crash. This is to save your fingers, and not the wood with staples. It screws up the blade and cartridge if ANYTHING that conducts an electrical charge gets in the way of the blade.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg