If you like working with tablesaws

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
No wet wood or staples, or it will crash. This is to save your fingers, and not the wood with staples. It screws up the blade and cartridge if ANYTHING that conducts an electrical charge gets in the way of the blade.

Dave

ok so i see how this works.like those test lights that have no ground wire,they use you as the ground.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
its a great piece of safety equipment for sure, but it will never see one of my machines just because it will pop off every time i try to use it.

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
As a dumb ***** that has had 2 run ins with a table saw the cost is not even a question. my next saw will be equiped with this system.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Rich, you are not the ground, but a conductor between the blade and the table of the saw. If the saw sees any charge going from the blade to the table, it kills the saw. Close enough, though.

Dave

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, that means that if you have a rubber anti fatigue mat, that you will be out of luck? I would think that would be something that would be a major concern.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
so, that means that if you have a rubber anti fatigue mat, that you will be out of luck? I would think that would be something that would be a major concern.

NO!!! The blade and the table of the saw are the contacts points. You can wear rubber boots or use a rubber mat.

Dave

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score

Something tells me that before the guy invented this device, he thought about such things. Imagine somebody losing a finger while sawing wood, suing him, then he simply defends himself by saying, "But sir, you were standing in sawdust!"

I'll choose trust the federal agencies who regulate such things ensure how safe this thing is. That's their job. I'm pretty busy with my own business!

On the surface it looks/sounds like an incredible product! Most of us know someone, skilled or unskilled, who has lost a finger to a saw.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have not lost any digits to saws or anyother tools. But I was IMPRESSED with the SawStop! Nice tool and well thought out!

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something tells me that before the guy invented this device, he thought about such things. Imagine somebody losing a finger while sawing wood, suing him, then he simply defends himself by saying, "But sir, you were standing in sawdust!"

I'll choose trust the federal agencies who regulate such things ensure how safe this thing is. That's their job. I'm pretty busy with my own business!

On the surface it looks/sounds like an incredible product! Most of us know someone, skilled or unskilled, who has lost a finger to a saw.

I would agree.

I do allot of woodwork and ALLWAYS, without fail, use a push block.

I saw this product at a Trade Show a few years back.. Not to be contrary (dogman) but my thoughts were.. as I watched the Demo with the Hot Dog.. What a neat attempt at trying to bulletproof a Table Saw for those that have removed the Blade Guard & Guide and/or, don't use.. a Push Block.

Very, Very good [additional] Safety product though :sweet :sweet

Joe

I wouldn't be surprised if it would become a industry required standard soon. Like all the other stuff we have.. whether we like it, need it, or want it.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well keep your eyes on what your doing and you wont need one...lol :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58