IH dealer cant get PS engine parts??

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Everyone always said go to an IH dealer to get parts for their 7.3 eninge. Glow plugs, GPR etc.... Well I went to our dealer next door and they said they dont deal with the truck part. International hasnt used their own motors since around 1986. They told me i'd have to go to Ford or the auto parts place. They are cheap enough from o'reillys $9.99 my cost. Is the borg warner GPR any good? Or should I just go with the stancor unit? They have lifetime warranty.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm think'n you maybe talked to the wrong counter guy ? I've been buying 7.3 & 6.0 parts from my local IH shop/parts place... for years.

:dunno

Joe

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well the guy I talked to always helped me. Doin it for yrs and he didnt know. Who knows. I think the autoparts place is where I will go. No biggie.

dpantazis

Reaction score
IH is not going to have the Ford parts number lookup or numbering. you need to know at a minimum the engine serial number and tell them that its for a T444E. if they ask, tell them its in a school bus.

better yet, use the parts number cross reference like the one in the wiki and you can not go wrong!

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
IH is not going to have the Ford parts number lookup or numbering. you need to know at a minimum the engine serial number and tell them that its for a T444E. if they ask, tell them its in a school bus.

better yet, use the parts number cross reference like the one in the wiki and you can not go wrong!

X2:sweet:sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

X3 :sweet:sweet

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Gotcha. Well I will do that then. Yall have the part numbers for glow plugs for my 99? I can just give them the part number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58