I'm a newbie

Poppasmurf

Hoser
Reaction score
Hi from the great white north. I'm in the market for an older but goodie diesel to pull my little 5th wheel and boat a couple times a year. I've found 2 vehicles, but am smitten with the Ford. It's up north from me so will travel up there this week. It is a 2000 F250 PSD, 4x4 with 6 sp. & 160 k miles. An old fart my age owns it and has taken good care, from the pic and repair list he sent. Anything special to be aware of? Appreciate the sharing of your collective knowledge.:sweet

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Just carry a spare CPS (Cam Position Sensor) in the glove box. They go out and will leave you stranded, dead.

Dave

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Poppasmurf said:
Hi from the great white north. I'm in the market for an older but goodie diesel to pull my little 5th wheel and boat a couple times a year. I've found 2 vehicles, but am smitten with the Ford. It's up north from me so will travel up there this week. It is a 2000 F250 PSD, 4x4 with 6 sp. & 160 k miles. An old fart my age owns it and has taken good care, from the pic and repair list he sent. Anything special to be aware of? Appreciate the sharing of your collective knowledge.:sweet

Welcome, Poppasmurf. Do some reading on the forum, you'll get more than enough information to make a good decision. Glad to have you on the site.:sweet

Poppasmurf

Hoser
Reaction score
Great White North

I'm living in the foothills just outside of Calgary, Alberta. I said Great White North, but there are others further north. Seems like a nice site here, I've been lurking for a bit, gleaning info. As I said in my first post, I like the Ford especially the package, I'm thinking that most trouble spots about the 7.3 as a series, have either been identified if not repaired. We'll see how the viewing goes later in the week. Off to the archives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58