Im curious about the edge performance chip settings

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 03 7.3 super duty and it has an Edge Juice with Attitude" Performance Module in it. On the readout module in the truck it has the settings it shows the RPM the boost the EGT temp and it has the back down for the EGT. I noticed that when im driving agressively on the highway or pulling something when my trucks EGT temp reaches around 900-1000 my trucks check engine light comes on. Now i couldnt figure out in the manual how to get the back down feature to come into effect so that this wont harm my truck. If anyone has any info that could help me or knows of a website or some settings i could program in there i would appreciate it. here is the website to the one i have in my truck it is the EJF2100AWAM $799.00 2001-2003 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Juice with Attitude one. Thanks WW

Reaction score
as you go through the programming you will find yer max settings if you set yer max egt setting at 900 it will defuel the truck and back it down till the exhaust gets where you want it at

wilpenusa

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind, you may have a 6.0 engine and might need to check a few things. The edge module may not be causing your check engine light to come on. You may need to check to see that it is installed right, or has a broken wire from the module to the components.
My egt's run about 1100 degrees F when towing up a mtn grade, and is set to defuel at 1200 degrees F. I have been running the Edge for almost two years this way with no problems. You really need to check to see if the sending unit for temperature is installed in the right place in the exaust manifold.
It would help if you had you signature set to show on your posts to this forum too. Good Luck

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was told my a mechanic friend that aluminum starts to melt at 1200 degrees F so i was kind of leary about the check engine light going on. but i will have to check to see if the module is hooked up correctly or if there are any broken wires. You mentioned about "It would help if you had you signature set to show on your posts to this forum too" what does that mean?? thanks

wilpenusa

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Your signature tells us about your truck and your mods.
If you go to the top of the page and click on quick links then select edit signature and fill in info on your truck and make sure it is activated. Then we can see what year of truck and your modifications.

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
alright i think i figured it out thanks guys im just posting this so i can see if it worked

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check light has nothing to do with EGT's... there is something else going on. Find the codes and let us know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14