I'm gettin' 30mpg with my 6.0!!!!

motorhead440

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2005 Excursion

William La Touf said:
Just kidding guys!!! I have a 2007 F-250 4wd crew cab with a 2.5" leveling kit and 4" blocks on the rear end. Bone stock 6.0psd with 600 miles on the clock. What kind of gas mileage could I expect out this bad boy. I'm selling my '01 super duty with a V10 that gets a whopping 9mpg downhill with wind pushing me, ha ha. I'm currently getting on the average about 14-15mpg with the '07.

2005 Eddie Bauer 6.0 15 mpg around town , 19-20 @ 65 - 70mph routinely running between Miami and Orlando. I just ran from Miami to Northern Virginia last night I got 17.6 mpg at 80 - 85 mph hand calculated.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
i would kill to have any of the mileage figures you guys have stated.
i have 04 fx4 crew cab auto with 3.73's.
sitting on 35" tires with only a 6" lift. i have an intake and full 4inch exhaust and driving like a little old lady i still only get 10mpg.
i towed a couple of quads on a rinky dink little trailer all highway miles this weekend and couldnt get better than 387miles on 37gallons of fuel.
this is of course the mileage on the odometer which is off a little due to the oversize tires. not sure how much it's off, but not nearly enough to make it seem like my mileage is good.
i have a 29gallon tank and barely squeeze over 300 miles per tank.
anyone else have this problem ?
new here, sorry if i hijacked the thread.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lvtitan...get (or borrow) a gps...find out what mileage your really getting.
out on the highway (empty) i can get 700+ to a tank 500 or so 'round town
but then ive got the long bed too.

my guess is the mileage isnt that bad to ya...or youd be running
the oe wheels and lift ;)

Speed Wrench

retired canadian military
Reaction score
my avereage milage is 21mpg

I have a 04 f350 super duty extended cab with a cap on the back.Befor i installed my Bank system i was 16 mpg which i thought was very good for a 7000lb truck.After i installed the Banks 4Inch exhaust less cat.And i installed the 6 gunn and a K&N air filter the milage went up.I recently to a cross Canada trip to the east coast from Alberta.I drove the truck on adverage about 65 to 70 mph.I put 15000 kms on the truck during the trip{11000 Miles}I adveraged 21 mpg for the whole trip.I did tow a trailer to the east coast and nothing on the way back.This milage test also included a month of driving adound the city wheile i was on the east coast.If you can afford the exhaust and the air filter its will pay you back two fold.
Be care full here as well make sure you check with your local ford dealer to see if installing this exhaust and air filter will void your warrenty.I was told by my dealer that if anything went wrong with my engine and they could point the problem to my installed items they would flag and void my warrenty.Typical Ford though not wanting to fix a truck that they know has problems to begin with.:thumbs

ChrisH

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You're getting pretty good feedback here. I get ~16 around home/city driving w/250 Extended cab LB FX4x4 and 3.73s. Towing my 13K 5th wheel, 11-11.5 w/no head wind! Hwy is a bit better than the 16 mpg. Do manual calculations. My onboard readout always overstates my mpg a bunch. I do have Banks 6-pack and Monster exhaust. Mileage might reflect the lead foot that comes w/the extra horses?!!!

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Man, I don't get anything close to those figures. I tow a little 3500 lb tool trailer almost every day on country roads and around town. I only average 9 to 10 mpg. I started off a little better when the truck was new, about 12 mpg on average but it has eventually settled to about 10 mpg avg. Got 16 mpg. on the hywy once at 70 mph avg. I've got 5400 miles on the truck now, should I be taking it to the dealer? Oh yeah, 06 F350 CC 4wd with 8 foot bed and 3.73 gears.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would let it go for another 10,000 miles before trying to get good mileage. The engine is not even close to being broken in yet.

Dave

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fandini said:
Man, I don't get anything close to those figures. I tow a little 3500 lb tool trailer almost every day on country roads and around town. I only average 9 to 10 mpg. I started off a little better when the truck was new, about 12 mpg on average but it has eventually settled to about 10 mpg avg. Got 16 mpg. on the hywy once at 70 mph avg. I've got 5400 miles on the truck now, should I be taking it to the dealer? Oh yeah, 06 F350 CC 4wd with 8 foot bed and 3.73 gears.

That's really weird... I've had the same thing happen. I generally get 13-14.4 MPG on mine, but twice I've gotten 16 out of it, no real change in driving habits. wonder if an injector is having malfunctions? I always fill at the same place, parked the same way, and have fuel showing in mouth of the filler neck.. I'm pretty confident that my calcs are accurate. Well, if it goes boom, I've still got 83k miles left on the warranty...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14