I'm in a debate with myself.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the debate. My wife bought me a Pioneer avic3 DVD player, with all the goodies for christmas. I have kind of wanted one for my truck, had the money for a while, and just never bought it. My truck is a work truck, but, my employees never drive it. They might ride in it from time to time, but that is it.
The problem is the practicality of it. I would kind of like to have it for those times when I am bored at a job and watching employees work. It also has the GPS with all those benefits, but I just cannot get over whether it is practical for me to have it in a work truck. Mind you it is a Lariat 4x4, so it is not exactly a stripper, but still...

So what do you think. If I take it back, I can use the money for other things that I would like, or I can just turn it back to the family budget, which is not stretched by this in anyway.

Decisions, decisions.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
why not?ive got 1000 watts of stereo in my tow truck :D you can always take it out if you sell the truck or if you find yourself a family vehicle.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
I love mine, it's great for trips and the navigation and bluetooth are priceless. your the boss, aren't you supposed to have the nice stuff.

Reaction score
You can send it to me and i'll put it in my work truck and let you know how it works out. :roflmao I'd love to get one for my truck but i like the fact my truck hasn't been broken into in over a year. Course i'm getting it high enough where people wont be able to see in so they may just break in on a whim.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm a little hung up on the fact that you set aside money for this that is now going to go to waste. I say install the unit from the wife and then take the cash you set aside and frivolously spend it on the truck.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I'm with 95_Stroker and Crumm. It ain't worth possibly ruffling the wife's feathers. I would have had it in yesterday if it was me. Thats a cool gift!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How practical is it to return a gift from the wife? :innocent

best advice ive heard in a LONG TIME !

I'm a little hung up on the fact that you set aside money for this that is now going to go to waste. I say install the unit from the wife and then take the cash you set aside and frivolously spend it on the truck.

i say take the cash you set aside and FRIVOLOUSLY spend it on your WIFE !
you got the indash head unit it you wanted anyway...not dolt on 'er w/ some
of that cash you been savin' !

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl