comment I'm in love with my super duty

Jeffminsc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fist off I'm new here. I'm a ford guy but not fanatical about it (I don't think that is the only make) I have a F-150 that I have all but killed toeing stuff. The other day I got a 2008 F-350 and today I put my dump trailer behind it with a load of broke up concrete, dirt & etc. :dunno
I have no idea what it weights but I can tell you that my 150 would have done like it always has and pulled it at 45 mph and said get it off me. The 350 didn't even blink it said is that it. all i can say is wow:hail The F-350 Super Duty.
I do have a question about the spartan tunes if some one can help. I do not want to get rid of any of the stock EPA stuff can I still use he tune or just leave it the way it is I'm looking for better fuel mileage I know its not going to do what my 150 does but more would be better. Thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an EGT, Boost & Tranny temp gauges ?

If not.. The 350, with the Spartan tunes.. will be (as you describe) "all but killed"..like the 150.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your just like most of us, once you feel the power of a PowerStroke and see what it can do you just want more. It's a sickness and you will never get over it. LOL So enjoy it.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an EGT, Boost & Tranny temp gauges ?

If not.. The 350, with the Spartan tunes.. will be (as you describe) "all but killed"..like the 150.

Joe

But what Doug sez Too..;tu :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get gauges and do it soon! You can easily toast your motor is you do not SEE what is going on. This is a case where it runs best, just before it blows up.

Dave

Jeffminsc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
All I have is the stock gauges. Got any recommendations on gauges? The spartan turner is gauges to or am I wrong about that?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have is the stock gauges. Got any recommendations on gauges? The spartan turner is gauges to or am I wrong about that?

Depends on which Spartan you have.

EGT and Tranny temps are the temps you need to know and watch.. when you work yer PSD.

Yul could get even more out of yer tuner and PSD by opening up the Intake & Exhaust a bit. You can do that without Voiding anything or mess'n with any EPA stuff. :sly Yer call.

Jeffminsc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK I guess I didn't make myself clear. I do not have a turner now I have read a lot in this form and from what I can tell spartan is the way to go. I was thinking about the Banks 6 gun but it seem no one here likes them. Could I get the Intercooler and exhaust system from banks and a turner from spartan? any one gone that way or I guess what do you guys do for hard parts but keep the DPF?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I guess I didn't make myself clear. I do not have a turner now I have read a lot in this form and from what I can tell spartan is the way to go. I was thinking about the Banks 6 gun but it seem no one here likes them. Could I get the Intercooler and exhaust system from banks and a turner from spartan? any one gone that way or I guess what do you guys do for hard parts but keep the DPF?

Not Bashing Banks but most everyone on here agrees.. Banks stuff is way Overrated & WAY Overpriced. Your decision.

You can get just as good, if not better, and cheaper.. Improved Performance parts, mixed & matched, from our SDD site sponcors. You can mix things to suit your needs.. and Wallet. Again, Your call.

But, everyone here at SDD would also agree.. Gauges, of some sort, are the Very First things to install. That way, Stock, yul have a Base-line of working temps, to start from .. If & When, you want to improve things along the way.

Post up any questions you may have about anything at all. There are NO.. dumb questions here.

Joe

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need an EGT at least. That way you can see when your exhaust is getting very hot, enough to melt your pistons. Tranny temp gauge is also important. Boost is for your ego but a nice gauge to have.

Dave :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58