comment I'm Just Plain Sick

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
not much you can do now, except make sure she gets another dog..

bum deal, Dude...

X2

But allow some time for grieving first. Dogs aren't like cars, you can't replace it overnight. Grieve first, then mend the heart later with a new pup.

JRJ04

Reaction score
what do you guys think about the next dog? do you get the same thing? this one was not even 2 yet...perfect for us. she said she wants something small again, but doenst want the same thing. What do you all think?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My honest opinion and one I have used myself is first and formost..... wait. Weve been a two dog family for a long time, both were beagles and when the senior beagle died we waited a full year before adding another dog. That gave us and the lone beagle time to adjust to the situation, then we started searching for what we wanted. So figure out what breed has the characteristics you enjoy most and be sure those characteristics fit your lifestyle.

Example; dont get a Great Dane if you live in a one bedroom flat in Manhattan or dont get a teacup yorkie if you plan to hunt ducks.

After you have chosen your breed find a reputable breeder and then visit the sire and dam if possible and then...... let the puppy pick you. It happens nearly every time you visit a litter, one pup will stand out and thats because your personalities mesh. That is the dog you want.

Also, dont be afraid to go to the pound, humane society or a rescue shelter and use the same ideology, in those situations the dog will choose you also.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
what do you guys think about the next dog? do you get the same thing? this one was not even 2 yet...perfect for us. she said she wants something small again, but doenst want the same thing. What do you all think?

Adopt from an established shelter. They are usually already screened for behaviorial/personality problems and very commonly become very loving family members.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adopt from an established shelter. They are usually already screened for behaviorial/personality problems and very commonly become very loving family members.

X2

I adopted two Pointers from a no-kill shelter when they were puppies. There are so many dogs and pups in shelters that make such great pets. They always seem to be just a little more grateful when they are a shelter dog.
My last dog, an Alaskan Malamute was adopted from a shelter that euthanizes, he was one day away from the big day (they told us after that he was already scheduled) He was the best dog in the world, unfortunately my ex-wife has him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg