I'm no electrical engineer, but...

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I wanted to swap the CB from my Burb over to the new truck. Looked in the owner's manual to see what slots were open and available for accessories. Actually, quite a few. Went to slip a fuse in one of the open slots and it kept falling out. Thought I had gone crazy. Come to find out that there is no circuit behind the slot that would accept the fuse! :( What's up with that? Did Ford chince on the electrical system here, or am I missin' something?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
spindrift said:
Last night I wanted to swap the CB from my Burb over to the new truck. Looked in the owner's manual to see what slots were open and available for accessories. Actually, quite a few. Went to slip a fuse in one of the open slots and it kept falling out. Thought I had gone crazy. Come to find out that there is no circuit behind the slot that would accept the fuse! :( What's up with that? Did Ford chince on the electrical system here, or am I missin' something?
I don't have a schematic for the 2006 but 2005 Yes.

Did you acquire the customer access wire(white with light blue tracer wire) the fuse should be a 10amp on the panel.

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I don't have a schematic for the 2006 but 2005 Yes.

Did you acquire the customer access wire(white with light blue tracer wire) the fuse should be a 10amp on the panel.
I thought the "customer access" slot was for the security system!! If that spot is truely blank, I'll wire to it.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
spindrift said:
I thought the "customer access" slot was for the security system!! If that spot is truely blank, I'll wire to it.
Put a multimeter or circuit tester to that cust access lead to be 100% sure but it should be switched Hot :)

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58