I'm offically a Power Stroker now!

rhack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ford Power Stroker that is.

Thanks to you fellas that answered previous posts of mine. They helped with my decision. I just pickup up an 06 Lariat 250 4x2. Can't wait to try towing with it. Ford has some pretty good incentives right now so I think I got a pretty good deal. Got about $1350 off of invoice. Could have taken another $2K rebate, but opted for the 1.9% interest rate instead. Also, Ford has extended the 3/36 warranty to 5/60, also have the 100K engine warranty. So I felt pretty good about it. I love driving it, rides alot smoother than I though a super duty would. Feels like a caddy on the interstate, smooth and quiet.

Now, what do I need to buy for the trunk first...

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
rhack said:
Now, what do I need to buy for the trunk first...

ha, you might wish you hadn't asked that!! Congratulations on the purchase. That was the cheap part with this crowd! :sweet

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
ha, you might wish you hadn't asked that!! Congratulations on the purchase. That was the cheap part with this crowd! :sweet

Congratulations ,Congratulations on the new ride.
Gages, Gages, Gages. Have you got that, that the first thing you need is a sat of gages on the left post so you can see how much boost you are pulling along with a temp gage for the Transmission, then last but by no means least is a promoter gage. Your factory Transmission gage is a joke.
Post some pictures of the new ride when you can. You are going to love this truck.:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
let's see what to do first. take your time, enjoy the truck for alittle while first, get it broke in good in about 5,000 miles, maybe start with some gauges for egt's & boost, then maybe a good air filter mod & exhuast. or just do nothing for a while.

i didn't do anything for the first 105,000 miles, except a k&n filter.

enjoy the truck, glad for ya!!

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal and welcome... I'm a bit jealous on your extended warranty. Hopefully you'll never need it, but it's nice to have the safety net.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
i think you should put some stacks on that bad boy!

on a brand new truck? they do look good, but that's not the first thing to do to a brand new truck. i hate to say it, but that's just wrong

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
on a brand new truck? they do look good, but that's not the first thing to do to a brand new truck. i hate to say it, but that's just wrong
I agree, I could never drill into a brand new bed.

Seriously, get some gauges, they'll do wonders for you. Then after get an exhaust, the air filter is really good on the 6.0L, so unless if you wanna save money in the longrun then an aftermarket one won't do too much. Then if you want get one of those new F5 chips from DPTuners, they're pretty much the best around. Good luck with your new truck and we hope to see ya around :sweet.

rhack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. I see gauges seem to be one of the main must haves? They factory boost, temp & oil pressure gauges are that far off? Also, will new chips and exhausts void warranties?

2005Diesel - Recall you are pretty close by to me in the Concord area. Is there a shop around here you recommend or trust to install the gauges?

99RedTA

spoolin up
Reaction score
welcome to the club. The exhast won't void your warranty. Neither will the programmers, but some dealerships can be a-holes about it. So it's always recommened to take the tuner off before waranty work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14