I'm pulling injectors

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I was wondering if there is anything else I should know when doing it that the shop manual doen't tell you...

And I not afraid to tell you I'm nervous as all get out...:eek:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link. I'm still freaking out on this and I'm only gong to swap out number 2 and 4...If the issue follows the #4 injector I think they'll be a call in to Bean for upgrades. 179k is about enough on the stock ones...

Thanks for the help on this. This is my main vehicle and I'm stressing about breaking it...

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
its not that bad.after you pop the 2 injectors out let the truck sit for like 20 minutes.this will drain the fuel/oil rails.then just make sure you get all of the oil you can out of the cylinders.crank the engine over by hand a few times with a socket and breaker bar on the balancer bolt.unplug all 4 plugs to the valve cover gaskets and crank it over a few seconds at a time with a 3 minute break in between cranking.plug the injectors back in and try to start it.its gonna take a bit before it starts and stays running.then take it for a 40 30 mile ride at 45MPH with the O/D off if auto or 4th if a 5 speed.to purge the air out of the fuel oil rails.then do your tests again.

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich implied it, but just to clarify, turn the engine over by hand (and especially with the starter) with all the injectors installed. If any injectors are out, you will end up pumping oil and fuel back into the cylinders that have the injectors removed. Cheers!

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injector done

Ok, I got #'s 2 and 4 pulled and swapped out. Man they were ugly...the tips were crudded up real good. I'm guessing the water issue I had must of done a number on them. It was right after that the idle issue started. I got some pics on how they looked I'll post.

The worst part was prying them out. They didn't want to move and then a little pop and they were out.

we're running the tests again this Sunday but just cleaning them up a bit made a diffence. I think I'm going to be getting some new injectors soon :sweet

thanks for the help and not making the wimp cry...:thanks

Ron

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if it runs better or passes the test and your not gonna have the injectors rebuilt you will need to replace the Orings on those 2 atleast.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doggy Daddy said:
Did you get the Cylinder Contribution test to work and have codes for those cylinders?

Yeah, once it was hot, all passed but #4. I pulled #'s 2 & 4 and swapped holes and this weekend we'll run them again and see if it follows the injector, no codes or the dreaded dead #4 hole :( .

It does idle better than before, not as hard a lope at a stop but it's still there a little. Also it won't light on the first try yet. I give it a good crank, let it catch it's breath and try again and at the very last it'll start. I'm guessing it'll be time before it lights on the first try again.

And then last night after I got everything put back together and was watching for leaks and parts flying off, I found the fuel restriction sensor leaking and had to replace it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58