Help Needed I'm stumped here guys. Could I get some input?

firemedicjd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Eubee congrats on getting that thing started and running!

I've enjoyed reading your posts as my 6.0 is at the mechanic now with very similar issues you had. Mine would start fine in the morning and by the afternoon (after heating up) would not start any more. Mechanic already replaced the IPR, worked for two weeks then back acting up. Now states its the ICP and replaced it and as of now he is driving it for testing. If that is no fix then looks like the HPOP :dizzy

Please keep us informed of the out come.

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, all has been good, ...until now. I think the injector that was going bad is getting a lot worse. I am going to have the dealer scan it with their scanner and tell me which injector(s) is/are underperforming; but probably not until after the holiday. Just today it started acting up. Will not rev over 3K RPMs, no power (as if the turbo boot had blown off), blue/white smoke out the tail pipe only when I stand on the go pedal. Starts fine, idles fine, will cruise fine once you get up to speed. Scan tool says there is nothing major wrong, and there are no abmormal noises. Normally I could hear the turbo spool down for a few seconds, after I shut off the engine; but now I can not. Also, I can not hear the turbo out the exhaust pipe at idle like I used to (cat is gutless, but factory muffler is still there). Turbo spins freely by hand, so it is not locked up. I am thinking my vanes are stuck again. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, only codes are Air Bag circuit and EGR circuit (EGR is unplugged).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58