I'm Stumpped

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had some problems with my truck smoking when it goes into DPF clean mode. Well today it went into cleaning mode sitting at a light and I had no smoke, friday it went into cleaning mode sitting at a light and it started smoking. I have been watching the degas bottle for coolant loss and there is none. When it does smoke it will do it untill I get to 45 mph then clears out and it's fine. I looked at the CCV and it a little wet but not to be a problem. Dealer has done all the updates. Any other ideas.

Last edited:

`08 Blue Crew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine only smokes on a damp colder day. warm days, or even colder dry days, it does not smoke. don't know if that helps any.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine only smokes on a damp colder day. warm days, or even colder dry days, it does not smoke. don't know if that helps any.

I'll find out tomorrow. It's raining now and going to drop to the 40 tonight. So we will see what happens.

JRJ04

Reaction score

granted i have an '11, mine will blow smoke out of the tailpipe on a cold damp day as well...scared the hell out of me the first time because the exhaust never smoked on my 02. i think its because the exhaust doesnt blow out of this one with the force that my old one did. This happens during normal operation, not regens...so not sure if this helps you out.

In any case...I think I see a DPF Delete in your future!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58