Improved fuel mileage

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
I clocked about 2500 miles this past week/weekend... mostly freeway miles, with a little bit of mountain driving...

Tank#1 was straight diesel... 11.2 mpg

I added AMSOIL diesel fuel modifier and cetane boost to tank #s 2 to 5

tank 2... 12.4 mpg
tank 3... 13.1 mpg
tank 4... 14.3 mpg
tank 5... 14.9 mpg

I'm hoping as I pile on the miles I will get better fuel mileage... I see alot of people getting close to 20 mpg and some better than 20

seems like the additives helped, I didnt change my driving habits at all... 70-80 mph & 2300 to 2700 RPMs

just thought I'd share this info with all you guys....:sweet

rum4by5

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone in a 6.0 is getting close to 20 .......

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
I was getting 17 stock then 19.5 when I put just the programmer on. Then I finally found out this weekend why I was getting only 15 when I changed my tires to bigger ones. I changed my spedo with my outlook moniter and found out that it was set at 31.75 tires and my stock tires where actually 30.5. Oh well I'm gettting 19.5 again with my 295's. I can be such a dumbarse sometimes. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING. I think I'll try it sometime.

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
Black_Mamba said:
I was getting 17 stock then 19.5 when I put just the programmer on. Then I finally found out this weekend why I was getting only 15 when I changed my tires to bigger ones. I changed my spedo with my outlook moniter and found out that it was set at 31.75 tires and my stock tires where actually 30.5. Oh well I'm gettting 19.5 again with my 295's. I can be such a dumbarse sometimes. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING. I think I'll try it sometime.

holy crap... I didnt even think of that! my tires are over 2 inches taller than stock... I'm gonna go program it right now haha..:cussing:

dag

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
norcal

Just a thought but this is another way to look at it

Case 1 - cost of diesel per gallon divided by mpg = cost per mile (1)

Case 2 - cost of diesel per gallon + cost of additives divided by mpg = cost per mile (2)

Which costs less??????????

04Powerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Norcal250 said:
holy crap... I didnt even think of that! my tires are over 2 inches taller than stock... I'm gonna go program it right now haha..:cussing:

How do I go about re-programing for larger tires? I changed from stock 265's to 285's. Any help would be appreciated.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
04Powerstroke said:
How do I go about re-programing for larger tires? I changed from stock 265's to 285's. Any help would be appreciated.
Check this Article that was added recently to our member submitted articles list as the author was not specific with which years this calibration instruction sheet covers.

Check for the single wire connector under the glove box that says PSOM (Programmable Speedometer Odometer Module) first:sweet

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14