in the market for a power stroke, which one?

blk450er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Around here the 7.3 is few and far between and if its for sale then its got 200k+. I can't swing the new models. I have found some under 75k 6.0s that look good and clean. Prob the way I'm going to go. My trailer doesn't weigh 6k so the diesel won't be straining at all hopefully prolonging its life.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...at 6k, you won't even know you have a trailer unless you remember to use your mirrors! You will be happy with the switch regardless of engine, if you do your homework! :sweet

But there's still 7.3's out there in good shape with relatively low mileage. Shop around.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can increase your chances of getting a good one by getting an Oasis Report from Ford. Take the VIN to your local Dealer and have them run the number. This will give you a report of all of the work done by FORD. You can see if anything major has been done.

Dave ;tu

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 is a very reliable motor. I been very pleased with mine @ 113,000 miles. (I know, low mileage, mostly take the car). For hauling and towing, mostly stock, I have no complaints, (other than cost of fuel).

It delivers for me every time i use it.

Doesn't get any better than that.

Butch Cassidy

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
7.3 if you can find one with less than 200 on the clock...
6.4's respond very well to simple modification (DPF delete if not in a smog zone) and a simple tune..

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
If you just want to tow and have a reliable motor and chug along the good ole 7.3 is the way to go. 6.0 are hot rods stock and modded. If its got head studs and new headgaskets its bullet proof with the egr delete. Heard good things on the 6.4 and 6.7s. They are all good motors, maintenance is key!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58