In the shop

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well on the way home tonight it started ramping up the idle to 800/900 then falling down to 200/300 and crapped out. It would start up right away and run for a couple of miles OK then it did it again. :dunno

So I drive past Horizon Ford every night and because I can't push it out of traffic by myself, I pulled in and left it.

Guess they'll tell me what's going on with it...so much for the retro check I just got from work...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a CPS. $30.00 at the parts store, $35.00 from dealer and if there shop puts it on it will cost about $300.00 for parts and labor. Good luck.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not this time. I've had the CPS take a dump a couple of times now and I know the difference. I wish it was...It threw an IPR code the other day and I think it has something to do with it.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not this time. I've had the CPS take a dump a couple of times now and I know the difference.

That was pretty stupid wasn't it ...Talked to the dealer and there seems to be a couple of things up,

1) changed the CPS out (hence the stupid remark statement. Guess I don't know after all).
2) EBV sensor was bad.
3) the ebv? tube was/is plugged
4) MAP sensor issue.
5) fuel pump leak, How hard is it to change out?
6) waterpump leak

Changing the CPS stopped the dying and now they're trying to figure out the surging issue. At least for the $$ I'll have a good idea of whats going on with the engine. :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I checked my EBP tube a little while ago, thinking mine was also plugged, and it was clean as a whistle. I was surprised and pleased!

Dave

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know what they find.

Out of the shop with a new CPS and fuel pump. After I read how to the change out the fuel pump, I decided as long as they had it they could do it. Looked like way too much for me to handle...I still need to change out the orange intake boots, radiator hoses and the other little things. It's time for a coolant change anyway so I'll do them when I change out the coolant. It's back to running like jake the bear :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58