Incoming.................!!!

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in DFW I am making preparations for 50 to 60 mph winds and LOTS of rainfall.....

with all the trees around power lines we WILL be out of power for some time....

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
lIf its anything remotely close to katrina when it hits land, stand by. We are about 300 miles north from mobile alabama and we got some pretty rough gust of over 70 and sustained in the 50s and it passed by us nearly 100 miles to our west.
it was incredible. be prepared now.
JohnBoyToo said:
Here in DFW I am making preparations for 50 to 60 mph winds and LOTS of rainfall.....

with all the trees around power lines we WILL be out of power for some time....

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Our Skywarn nets will be up this weekend.

We will be keeping an eye on the sky and feeding weather data to the national weather service.

Radio shack had 12/7 batteries on sale yesterday for 1/2 price so I bought some to run the radios and UPS's in my office should the power go out.

For the family I have a freezer full of water jugs, 50 some odd candles and a generator standing buy. Probably won't need them but you can never be too prepared.

Tbar

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
thanks rita... the overtime is nice but not sure i wanted 5 days manditory overtime in a row... we have a pretty good number of evacuees here in the brazos valley. our fire dept has been running non stop... good day for me to be on the medic :rolleyes: . anyways you guys say one or two for us... gonna be a long weekend. good luck to everyone else!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Got this from another site.

Projected storm track overlaid on a google map. Zoom on East Texas then left click and drag to the area you want to see.

I thought it was interesting because it shows cities and towns that will be affected.

http://flhurricane.com/googlemap.php?2005s18

Tbar

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel situation here is pretty rough tonight too. I went to the Wal Mart in McKinney at Lake Forest, got diesel for 2.61 w/o card, had to wait in line for 15 minutes. That place was wrapped up. Reg was 2.73. A Shell station nearby was out of gas, a Tom Thumb was out of regular. Other stations were also extremely busy with lines. I heard a transport driver call in to a radio talk show (David Gold on WBAP 820) and he said the pipeline into Dallas was shut down, he said they couldn't get any fuel. Figured stations might be okay thru the weekend but would probably have to ration starting Monday. He figured the pipeline would be back up around Tuesday or Wednesday.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
The fuel situation here is pretty rough tonight too. I went to the Wal Mart in McKinney at Lake Forest, got diesel for 2.61 w/o card, had to wait in line for 15 minutes. That place was wrapped up. Reg was 2.73. A Shell station nearby was out of gas, a Tom Thumb was out of regular. Other stations were also extremely busy with lines. I heard a transport driver call in to a radio talk show (David Gold on WBAP 820) and he said the pipeline into Dallas was shut down, he said they couldn't get any fuel. Figured stations might be okay thru the weekend but would probably have to ration starting Monday. He figured the pipeline would be back up around Tuesday or Wednesday.

Drove to Mesquite tonight (25 miles oneway for you foreigners) to pickup new tires. :D Cars were 4-6 deep waiting at 7:00pm. On the way they were still 4-6 deep at 10:00pm :dunno Don't know if they're freaking out or buying while its cheap. Budro

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl