Inductive heating flash

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the truck in my sig below that is new to me. The glow plugs on cold starts have a rapid clicking or buzzing sound when light is on. In an earlier post about glow plugs buzzing a reply was to have Ford Dealer to do a inductive heating flash.
The truck was re-flashed on 2/28/08 with 3 updated programs since build date. Today at dealership I was told that this was not needed. It was something done on early 6.0.?
The earlier post in separate topic an owner of a 2006 / 6.0 suggested the inductive heating flash that would solve injector sticking problems.
My question to the group does Ford have a program for my 6.0 inductive heating flash? What improvement would I expect to see in operation of truck?
I have another appointment tomorrow to correct a short with CC.
Thanks in advance for your replies

Mike Cleary

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The reflash for the inductive heating has nothing to do with glow plug operation. It was designed to solve a cold start problem with injector stiction issues.

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks you the reply Mike, the clicking / buzzing of glow plugs on cold starts is here to stay?

Thanks

Ken

Mike Cleary

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's the glow plugs? That hasn't been my experience after performing that reflash.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58