Inexpensive Toolbox?

yogachik

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys...

i'm lookin for an inexpensive crossover type toolbox for the Beast....nothin fancy, just somethin to stow and carry my yoga gear, water proof would be good, although we don't get much rain here in AZ. but when it does rain, oh man it rains! lol

i thought i found one the other nite, it said it fit a full size truck so i bought it...got it out to the truck and the darn thing was too small. valuable lesson learned...measure first, buy once! :)

any suggestions would be much appreciated. :thanks

kenbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dunno if you have Pep Boys close to you, but Dee Zee makes a decent box at a really reasonable price from them. I have one on mine.. competitor series in black... and it works great. They make all sorts of interesting custom-type boxes too..

Reaction score
best cheap tooboxes i ever seen are at tractor supply company not to sure if they got those in arizona as long as you aint lookin for a black alimium cause that doubles the cost of almost all their boxes. and they carry almost every style in steel or aliminium

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
best cheap tooboxes i ever seen are at tractor supply company not to sure if they got those in arizona as long as you aint lookin for a black alimium cause that doubles the cost of almost all their boxes. and they carry almost every style in steel or aliminium

yep, what he said. i bought a 5 Drawer Tool Box there, and also bought a single lid tool box for my trailer.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are not ractor supply's in Arizona. I have a weathergard. They are expensive. I like it, it is a lot better built than most. Here locally you can go to Quality Bumper or Western equipment to get one. If they are too expensive for you, you can go to Home Depot or Lowes and get one for half the cost. They are probably a third the quality though...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
YC, Decide on plastic, steel or aluminum. Delta steel boxes are usually reasonably priced. They come gull wing or standard lid. IMO gull wing is a PITA for accessing bulky items. Be sure to get the weight rating on your yoga mat. :D Who knows, you may need helper springs. :roflmao

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious why you need a toolbox at all--isn't the truck you bought a crewcab? If so, there is enough room behind the back seat to fit a yoga mat (judging by the size of Mrs. JV's yoga mat) unless yours is extra-thick and so won't roll up neatly. Heck, even if your behind-the-backseat is full of other stuff, there's plenty of space in the cab to stash a mat and some other goodies, even if they're on the floor in the backseat.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious why you need a toolbox at all--isn't the truck you bought a crewcab? If so, there is enough room behind the back seat to fit a yoga mat (judging by the size of Mrs. JV's yoga mat) unless yours is extra-thick and so won't roll up neatly. Heck, even if your behind-the-backseat is full of other stuff, there's plenty of space in the cab to stash a mat and some other goodies, even if they're on the floor in the backseat.

:clap: :clap: :hail :hail WOW, i forgot that her truck is a crewcab. good point JV.

i wouldnt put a tool box on, if thats all you're gonna put in it, but, you may need it for other stuff too.

should be plenty of places in your area that carry what your lookin for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58