Info on 2009 IDI Rally

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
Reaction score
This is my first post here on SDD. I'm trying to spread the word on the 2009 IDI rally. Lots of info. below. PM me with questions or follow the link in my sig to the "BOOB" site. To register there, you need a password, it is "BOOB".

The fiinal campground information for the 2009 IDI Rally:
Where: Bowling Green, Ky KOA
When: Thursday 7/2/09 through Monday 7/6/09. You can stay as long as you want.
Group Name:"Ford IDI Group" You can talk with anyone to make a reservation, but if they are having problems, just ask for Dan Goad (owner).
Sites:We have 25 sites booked THROUGH MAY 1ST 2009. They are A46 through A61 (all 30 amp full hook-up) $38/night.......and L202 through L211 (all 50 amp full hook-up) $41/night. 10% discount with KOA Kard. These are all close together and away from the office.:D See map on website.
Other Options:Tent sites are close to RV sites (A12-A29) and are $29/night. Kamping Kabins are $69/night for one room and $81/night for two room. Lodges are $125/night and have a restroom/shower. There are only two and we have reserved one of them for Missy and I. As above, 10% discount with KOA Kard.
Day Guests:will have to give up $5/day or $8 to stay with someone over night.

You have to cancel two week before if you want your refund.

Mike McGlothlin from Diesel Power is going to try and cover the rally for the magazine.

Missy and I met with Dennis Perry, owner of TS Performance on 12/2/08. He is a great guy and I know we are going to have a good time at his shop. We will dyno/tour TS on Monday July 6th. We are planning on being there at 10-10:30 am.

The dyno is a SuperFlow and it is supposed to be very accurate. More so than a Dynojet. He can give three standard HP/Torque measures with this machine. We can choose which one, but we'll all use the same measure during our pulls.

The TS dyno is quite big....it can easily accomodate any truck coming to the rally. When we were there, he had a crew cab F550 (obviously a dually) strapped down and there was more than enough room.

Duallies do not have to remove the outer wheel.

They can accomodate stacks, bed and hood (I don't think anyone has a hood stack), single or double.

Cost.......$50 (the usual is $75 and up for most places you can dyno) and that is for three pulls.

The standard is for the dyno engineer (Clint) to operate the trucks on the dyno. This is what he does for a living. He is very good and will give the most accurate result. It is his butt on the line if he blows up or breaks TS's very expensive race trucks (motor alone can be up to $35,000). He also does all their "tuner" or "chip" testing.....doing pulls all day long. So, you will get a more accurate measure of your rig's power if Clint runs your truck than if you do. Also we are the first (and maybe only) event to make pulls on their dyno. At the annual TS "Outlaw" event, he has outside operated (trailer) dynos in the parking lot..........they don't use the shop's. So, we don't want to screw anything up by not knowing what to do on the dyno.

The shop is full of very clean/fast race trucks. They should be there for us to drool over while at TS. Check out their website for some photos.

Missy and I were wondering about intrest in other activites like: Corvette museum, Mammoth Cave, Railway Museum (for Mel..), Drag Racing at Beech Bend, Holley Performance and so on.

Please call and start reserving your sites, I hope we fill up and need more sites than the 25 above. If any questions, feel free email, PM or call us(see the BOOB contact list).

Heath and Missy

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Gary!:sweet Here is an update on activities.

Please call and start reserving your sites, I hope we fill up and need more sites than the 25 above.

Tenative Schedule of Events: (This will likely change, check back for updates)
Thursday July 2nd: Arrival Day #1, Meet and greet at the campfire.
Friday July 3rd: Arrival Day #2, Historic Railway Park, Campfire introductions.
Saturday July 4th: National Corvette Museum. Drag Racing at Beech Bend – gate opens at 5pm
Sunday July 5th: Mammoth Cave National Park in am. Show and Shine in pm. Pot luck dinner and Chinese Grab Bag afterward.
Monday July 6th: TS Performance tour and DYNO! Departure day for some. Please see THIS POST FOR DYNO DETAILS.

Beech Bend also has an Amusement Park and a Water Park. We can pick an afternoon or two to swim/ride if you guys are interested.......there is a group discount too.;Sweet

If any questions feel free email, PM, or call us(see the BOOB contact list).

Heath and Missy

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW seems like it is going to be a great time with lots to do. Also welcome to SDD.com

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
Reaction score
It is always a great time. Thanks for the welcome. I really hope to see some SDD.com guys this year.

Heath

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
Reaction score
Mel has gotten the shirt design together for this year's rally, and here it is!

Please see THIS BOOB THREAD for shirt details! If you havn't signed up for the BOOB site............get it done already! The password needed to registar is "BOOB".

;tuTHANKS MEL!;tu

Heath

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
Reaction score
As an update on the drag racing.....

I talked with Dallas Jones, owner of BEECH BEND and he will be able to have us there for the drag racing on Saturday the 4th. We will be racing just each other in kind of a special "IDI Bracket.":sweet

He talked about just having the entire track for us earlier in the day (yup the whole place would be ours). But, the cost of getting the crew to run the place and get EMT service would be cost prohibitive with so few trucks.:dunno

Anyway, we are part of the program for Saturday, July 4th.:D

Who's going to race me?:sly:drive

Heath

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
Reaction score
The sites I have reserved for the rally will "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC" on May 1st which is THIS FRIDAY! That's right....in just 3 days!

The site will fill quickly and if you are coming and need an RV site, you better get your reservation now or you might miss out unfortunately.

The Rally approaches!! See you soon.

Heath

hesutton

Project Truck Guy
Reaction score
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET A CAMPSITE!!

The reserved sites are open for any and everyone tomorrow!

Heath

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58