Injector circuit low???

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Ok so the truck isnt down yet, but there are injector circuit low trouble codes. It is my friends 2006 6.0 The truck only has 40,000 miles and never abused.
We drove the truck across town and the CEL came on. We stopped by the auto part store and there are 14 trouble codes. Each code came in twice and there are a total of 7 cylinder injector circuits in trouble.
Any ideas???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
This sounds like the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) may be going bad. How does it run? Does it start up normally? Does it start up better hot or cold?

Dave

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
It was running perfectly fine when this happened. But when we went to start it this morning it started really rough, almost like it was 0 degrees out with no block heater. Now that it is up and running it seems fine again.
I did some reading on here and decided to check the connections on the FICM. They all looked good.
Is it repairable? Or should it just be replaced?

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
We had a camping trip planned this weekend and were unable to take the truck due to CEL and not wanting to be stranded, but when we got back home today I did some more tests.
I read that if you pull the small cover off the top of the FICM there shuld be 4 small terminals, the one on the right should read 48V.
Once the key is turned on the terminal reads approx 25 volts, about the same time that the glow plug light turns off on the dash the voltage jumps up to 48 volts, but the truck wont start. Just cranks like its extreamly cold.

Im beginning to think that the FICM is shot. .

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not sure the FICM is bad. During the Glow Plug cycle, I would expect the FICM voltage to be a bit low. I am not sure how much low it should be. When the glow plug cycle stops the voltage goes up to where it is supposed to be. You do not start your truck when the plugs are cycling, so you may be OK. You should ask someone, like Swamps, if this is correct or not. Then make your decision. Good Luck!

Dave :)

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input and pointing me in the correct direction.
My friend has scheduled an appointmen with the dealership to find out what the issue is. Unfortunatly he says that if he cant drive it to the dealership then he will not be driving it home. He is already talking about trading it in. He is interested in the 2011, he said he has heard great things about it.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
The FICM is bad. Should not drop below 46-48 even when glow plugs are on. That's when all the injectors are cycled before start. Glad your buddy can afford to trade up. :D With that mentality I would have gotten rid of mine after a week or so :lmao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58