Injector cleaning Hot Shot's Secret

atk

Reaction score
put some in last week. wasn`t to crazy about the price by the time i got it shipped to the my door....time will tell, how much it will help....-popcorn-popcorn

JRJ04

Reaction score
is it worth running through a 7.3? I'd be interested to see if it improves anything for me...

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hss

Tried a 1/2 dose in my strong running 06. I had noticed a little smoke on initial start - just a puff. That smoke is now gone and no romps (not even a little on cold start. Mileage about the same, like I said, my engine was running strong before I tried it. I believe my temp spread between ECT and EOT is closer, and the only way that would happen is that if the oil side of the oil cooler was "cleaner" due to the HSS, cause I didn't change anything else. Overall I'd recommend it, especially if you are having any cold start issues.

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I definitly agree with the previous posts. Stand on it long and hard at least once a week.;tu
Don't have much experiance with oil additives, but will say I have been real happy with Amsoil. Big differance in cold start, and smooth idle.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was specifically formulated for the 6.0 .. but is marketed to many more motors.. I bought it but before I used it I had a second injector fail and both the original bad one that the dealer never found in the first place and the new failure replaced ,, ,, all my issues were resolved ,, I did however still use it ,, but noticed nothing

cons Price is high
very few retailers so your likely buying direct
shipping is $ and slow IMHO
bottle mimics a gallon jug but it is not so slightly deceiving

pro's I have never read of a side effect
I have read about how it helped plenty of folks

I will use it again as PM in a few months

Last edited:

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran this in my last 6.0 when I was having rough idle issues last winter. The truck ran much better once I had some miles on it with the Hot Shot's Secret. When I changed the oil, the hard start issue went away entirely. The truck had never run better and I was exceedingly impressed. I am currently running it in my latest 6.0 for PM and again have had great success.

It is expensive, yes but it's much cheaper than buying injectors!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58