Injector control pressure modification... for 7.3's?

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading the WIKI article on the Injector Control Pressure Modification and was that meant for 7.3's? What exactly does it do. I mean it sounds simple enough to do as long as I can find everything. Such as the ICP... what is the ICP anyways?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The ICP sends the PCM a signal to adjust the injection pressure. What the mod does is alter that signal (puts a resistor in the loop) to fool the PCM into believing that the injection pressure is lower that it really is, hence the PCM then boosts the injection pressure higher than it really needs to be. You get performance for the cost of a 10c. resistor.

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike thanks for the info. I also read that I had to watch out for EGT's they may go up and that I could try a different resistor. What will each resistor do? 5K, 15k, etc and where is the ICP that I need to plug the resistor into. Will the added fuel cause the truck to bellow out black smoke? HEHE!!! I would like that. Also will it mess with my power chips super tuner?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The ICP is located on the drivers side head, towards the front of the head. You arent adding fuel, you are increasing the injection OIL pressure. If you dont already have an EGT gauge installed now would be a good time to do it. If you are already running a SCMT you might not see a huge difference with the 10K mod. I did stack my 10K with my SCMT when I was running that setup. As far as the 5,10,15,18K resistors, each delivers a different value of resistance thus the PCM would react differently to each resistor.

444ornothing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What resistor works well with the Evolution programer set at extreme mode? And will it make much of a difference with a programer on board?

socodieselpower

tow'n tork monster
Reaction score
if you use too big of a resistor all it will do is lope. i had a 47 ohm resitor with my evolution on extreme and it sounded like the engine was going to split in two. what a cackle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl