injector Flow?

Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hot much fuel do split shot injectors flow? :dunno Do they flow more fuel compared to the single shot injectors?

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
not sure. That was my understanding. How do I know if I have splits or singles? My build date is 11/97, so it's a late one.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the obs trucks would have split shots if you have a california emmissions truck.....look on the valve cover sticker, or look for a big starship enterprise looking thing in the valley of the engine. all others are single shots.

im not 100% sure, but i dont think they flow more fuel, but they require more oil because the piston has to travel farther to get the same fuel as a single shot. part of the piston travel goes to "non injection" time with the split shots, whereas with single shots piston travel is all fuel injection.

DIESEL97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand AD injectors(SD) flow a bit more than the AA(OBS)injectors.In stock form.I could be wrong.:dunno But once you start Modding injectors lots of guys with the SD trucks prefer to have the AA injectors.

Last edited:

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
hot much fuel do split shot injectors flow? :dunno Do they flow more fuel compared to the single shot injectors?

the obs splits, cali model 97 ONLY, flowed somewhere around 120, we flow somewhere around 93, these are MAX numbers. I think the sd splits are capable of 140 or so. Like was said though to flow the same fuel out of splits requires more hpop than singles do, that is why sd guys convert, plus the splits have more parts and are generally more expensive to mod....

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
not sure. That was my understanding. How do I know if I have splits or singles? My build date is 11/97, so it's a late one.

Look on the right bank valve cover near the oil fill, the epa sticker is blue on the cali models, they have splits, also they have a pulsation dampner on the fuel pumps, sort of a starship enterprise looking thing if you have one...

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get stage one single shots to replace my California split-shots?

Any of the performance injectors shops will be able to get you what you need though expect an additional cost for swapping from Split Shot to Single Shot

I have injectors from Beans Diesel Performance. Swamps Diesel, and Rosewood diesel are also other good shops to take a look at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14