Injector how to.....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Follow the link to the article I put together on my recent injector project. Feel free to correct any mistakes I may have made in my haste of putting the article together.

Article

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats a great article Mike! Hope you dont mind if I link to it from my website, I would like to use it for my install instructions.

One thing I saw was the gally drain plugs are 1/8" allen and the oil spouts are 5mm allen. Also for the back bolts on teh vc's I like to use a 1/4" ratchet with a short 13mm socket. On the pass side get to it from underneath, on teh drover side you can get on it from the top side, I usually have those out in about 20 seconds. :D

The other option is universial sockets with an air ratchet.

wanderer

Reaction score
Very nice write-up. I especially like the purge technique where the liquids spew everywhere. :sweet You can do it the correct way, but what is the fun in that. :roflmao

I have to say, I thought you were older. I showed the picture of the happy mechanic to the wife, and told her, here is another idiot like myself who is running an old powerstroke, and wearing a doo-rag. :thumbs

wanderer

Reaction score
Hey Bean,

Taking that rear bolt off of the passenger side is easy on my truck from the top, but I have heard that it is different for every truck because of variations in engine placement against the firewall.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We for got to get a syringe when we were installing stage 2's so we had to use the "purge" technique. It blew the vc's off and shot oil everywhere including the ceiling of the shop :eek: . I spent an hour or so cleaning it all up.

Luke

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
bdp said:
Thats a great article Mike! Hope you dont mind if I link to it from my website, I would like to use it for my install instructions.

One thing I saw was the gally drain plugs are 1/8" allen and the oil spouts are 5mm allen. Also for the back bolts on teh vc's I like to use a 1/4" ratchet with a short 13mm socket. On the pass side get to it from underneath, on teh drover side you can get on it from the top side, I usually have those out in about 20 seconds. :D

The other option is universial sockets with an air ratchet.

Ryan,

Glad you liked the article, you are more than welcome to link it and use it on your site. I'll go back and edit it to fix the mistakes you mentioned. I'm surprised there werent more, I did it at 3 o'clock in the morning yesterday.:D

Mike

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
wanderer said:
Very nice write-up. I especially like the purge technique where the liquids spew everywhere. :sweet You can do it the correct way, but what is the fun in that. :roflmao

I have to say, I thought you were older. I showed the picture of the happy mechanic to the wife, and told her, here is another idiot like myself who is running an old powerstroke, and wearing a doo-rag. :thumbs
Blair,

I thought it would be fun to actually lighten the article up a bit, if I related all of my errors to you guys I could have had you in stitches for hours reading my blunders. Im glad I could get a chuckle out of you though.

As far as the age goes, I'll be 35 here shortly, hair down to the middle of my back and ink as well. A true non-conformist from the word go................

wanderer

Reaction score
Well, after 15 yrs with a ponytail, 2 weeks ago I was working a job across the street from a Walgreen's store. I had a wild hair up my butt, and went across the street and bought a hair cutting kit. I got one of the guys on the job to cut my ponytail off, and I proceeded to do the sheep shear number on my head. I'm smooth up top, with about a 1/4 inch of hair now. Sure is easy to take care of now. Nobody recognizes me though. :roflmao

fordmedic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Follow the link to the article I put together on my recent injector project. Feel free to correct any mistakes I may have made in my haste of putting the article together.

Article
awesome write up and great pics too, great job !!!!!!YOU ROCK :sweet

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
wanderer said:
Well, after 15 yrs with a ponytail, 2 weeks ago I was working a job across the street from a Walgreen's store. I had a wild hair up my butt, and went across the street and bought a hair cutting kit. I got one of the guys on the job to cut my ponytail off, and I proceeded to do the sheep shear number on my head. I'm smooth up top, with about a 1/4 inch of hair now. Sure is easy to take care of now. Nobody recognizes me though. :roflmao

Kinda off topic but I'll bite. I also had a ponytail for many years and had it cut off. I also use clippers on my crew cut. I'm just way too handsome to hide behind my hair anymore :D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14