Injector Intensifier Piston alteration

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking after reading your posts and those over at oilburners'.
I'll just get a set from Beans. Thanks for saving me a boatload!:clap:
arrowstrap,get the stage 1's. your aftermarket torque converter will handle 'em.
You could also install a Sonnax kit ($40) into the tranny for added strength.

Last edited:

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he means the Tri-cumulator springs. ( # 36948-18K ). The line pressure modulator valve comes in 4 sizes. Most use the .427 ( # 96948-01K ). I put both in yesterday and mamma mia, quickened up the shifts real nice. Who knew 40 bux could make such a difference?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
in my opinion the stage 1's would be a good idea if your just looking for a little more power. i have the DIY stage 1's and with wildman programming i made 352hp and i believe 751tq. i drive this thing A LOT on extreme tune and don't have a maintanance nightmare. and with the stage 1's if you notice your tranny does not like it then they can be detuned to give the tranny a break. i would definitely do a tranny cooler and the sonnax kit though. i don't know anything about auto trannys except that the stock E40D is pretty weak. i don't like autos due to that so i stick to my 5 speed and spend 4000 somewhere else instead of having to build the tranny. haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58