injector orings

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well good thing i bought new orings.the top ring on all 8 were junk,almost split.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
somewhere around 4000 miles.when i had them rebuilt cuz of a cracked nozzle they were useing after market oring kits on them.a few people had an issue with the top ring blowing out.seems like i had the problem also cuz now it runs better than it did when i put this motor in it.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
see thats why i wont let a shop touch any of my vehicles.only reason i am considering reusing them is cuz i just dont have the money.one day that thinking will come around to bite you right in the ass.been there done that.but i got a little money today so tomorrow its off to the IH dealer for new orings

dont think that new o-rings are a fool proof method either. i agree that they should be used, but if the parts arent available or the customer doesnt want to pay for them.....i dont lose sleep over reusing the old ones :D

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
never said it was foolproof but for the 11.00 a set its kinda retarded not to replace them.if they arent available then oh well the customer waits.customer dont wanna pay for it then they get the boot out the door and told to go elsewhere.its my name on the jobs i do.i have a very good reputation as one of THE BEST mechanics in my area and i wont screw that up cuz a customer dont want to spend the money or the parts arent available right then.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i have a very good reputation as one of THE BEST mechanics in my area

i had no idea, im sorry i tried to answer your question. if you already knew the answer then why'd you post?

they get the boot out the door and told to go elsewhere

times are slow, if the customer goes elsewhere then i go home early and empty handed.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if i knew the answer i wouldnt have asked.if it was a customers truck,i wouldnt have asked as the orings would have been replaced either way.but its my personal truck that only needs to make 1 trip and i dont have alot of money to play with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58