Injector Question

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any advantages to changing all of the injectors at once? I have a couple that are becoming suspect but would like to just change them unless there is a good, valid reason to change them all.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well there is a sure bet that the ones that arnt acting up now WILL start soon. Could be next week, could be another yr. If it was my truck, I would do all. Yer already there taking 2 out, might as well do the rest. I dont know much about the 6.0's but they might make some better ones that will give you more effiecency and power. I would also do the glowplugs while yer there also. Do it all at once but thats just me.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Stroked. It's like: 1 new tire, 1 spark plug.

ALL EIGHT went in there New, one or two are now get'n tired. With all the labor you need to do, to change out Two ?.. why not do All Eight while yer in there. And the Glow plugs too.

From, "The Life and Times of Big Joe" : When One, of a Set.. of Anything goes TU ? The Remainder of that Set.. WILL follow... sooner than you think, or had hoped for. :D:lmao

:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The glow plugs are not under the valve cover. They are below the valve cover and can be changed with out removing the VC. They can be a b to change out your self. I know.:witch

Dave :coffee

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
The glow plugs are not under the valve cover. They are below the valve cover and can be changed with out removing the VC. They can be a b to change out your self. I know.:witch

Dave :coffee

Did not know that. How are they compared to changing the ones on my 7.3? Afraid of mine gettin stuck or breaking off in the head. So far truck is still startin good in the cold.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I agree with Stroked. It's like: 1 new tire, 1 spark plug.

ALL EIGHT went in there New, one or two are now get'n tired. With all the labor you need to do, to change out Two ?.. why not do All Eight while yer in there. And the Glow plugs too.

From, "The Life and Times of Big Joe" : When One, of a Set.. of Anything goes TU ? The Remainder of that Set.. WILL follow... sooner than you think, or had hoped for. :D:lmao

:dunno

Just remember everything is murphys law haha. Money wise, I'd rather do just do the minimum, BUT i'd rather spend the extra money and make everything all nice and new.

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
The 6.0 injector is not like most other injectors. The can last 300k or 1k miles with no real reason. They are most sensitive to fuel and oil quality. I have always gone by the 50% rule with them. If there are 2 or more bad in one back, change four. If there are 4 or more bad on the truck change all 8. If only one is bad, thats all I change.
Thats just me though.
Ken

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. My mechanic suggested doing all 8 at once and I know that is probably the way to go but I have had a few things come up that prevent me from doing that right now. I have thought about selling it. Not because of problems but I just do not get to drive it much and I know that is not good for the 6.0L engine. I sure do like the power though...ah well, the bittersweet joy of of owning the truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg