Injector Recommendations

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I can easily get 18+ mpg (have seen 20 more than once) if I drive like a sane person with my BDP Stg I's.
I think that might make a good Wiki write-up. Most of us don't know how to do that.

I have a set of Bean injectors on my wish list but have been waiting for a few things to happen over there first. Looks like they have happened.:sweet
All Injectors are now Flow-Bench Tested to ensure proper flow, and functionality before they leave our shop!

Looks like he charges $480 to make your split shots into single shots.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
This is all very interesting info!!!! Thanks all!!:thumbs

I think my next step is to contact DP Tuner and see if I can get my PCM reflashed with a single shot version of their 80hp econo-tune.

I'm in love with my current 80hp econo tune PCM. There may be other tuners around that may be as good as DP Tuner, but trying to convince me that any of them are any better than Jody will be one very hard sell.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Just for FYI for y'all, I sent this question to Jody of DP Tuner:

I'm getting close to needing new injectors in my early 99 7.3.

Several folks on superdutydiesel.com have recommended getting single shot injectors from Bean's Diesel Performance vs getting replacement split shot injectors. I realize that I will need new programing on my PCM to go with the single shot injectors.

My question is this: Are your various programs 80HP Econo, 40 & 60 Towing, 100HP, 120HP and 140Extreme do-able with single shot injectors?

I'm considering doing single shots along a swap PCM with single shot programing along with a few personal preference tweaks to the PCM tuning.

I got this reply back from Jody:

Kent,

I prefer the singles for more power and better fuel mileage. I would just wait and specify that the injectors be flow matched on a flow bench. I know that Cass was hoping to get his flow bench in last week.

No problem on doing the programming.

Jody

I'm assuming the Cass he is refering to is with Bean's.

In conclusion, I think I've got a plan of attack!!:thumbs :thumbs :burnit

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The flowbench is in, be operational tomorrow.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
So how is it working Bean? Didn't have to send as much to the IRS this year as I thought I would so there might be a set of injectors in the near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58