????Injector Removal Tool????

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
is the injector remover required to get the injectors out of the heads, or are there other methods, and if so please explain. if the injector removal tools is required to remove them where can i get one, ford, sears, and napa didnt have the tools

Maintain

Platinum Edition
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure no special tools are required they may be helpful - but not required.

Try the WIKI file - I think there is one in there about injector swaps or something.

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a small pry bar, it does not take very much pressure to un-seat them. the tool to me in not a required.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I just used a BFS. (Big Freakin' Screwdriver)

I think the key here is not to pry them out, but to work or coax them out. I just used the BFS to apply outward pressure while I twisted and wiggled each injector until it was free. Do the rear most one on each side first. That way most of any fuel or oil will drain into just the rear cylinder on each side. Make sure the copper washer on the end of each injector comes out with the injector.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
becareful theres a drain plug u have to pull out before removing an injector. its on the drivers side rear of the head. be sure to get that out. and just a simple pry bar or wrench will get em out.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
becareful theres a drain plug u have to pull out before removing an injector. its on the drivers side rear of the head. be sure to get that out. and just a simple pry bar or wrench will get em out.

I didn't go about it that way. I pulled the end rear injectors 1st so the oil & fuel drained into the end rear cylinders. After removing the remaining injectors, I inserted a vacume hose through all the injector holes into the cylinder and sucked as much of the fluids into a collection jar as possible. The most fluid came out of the end rear cylinders as expected, but still got a small amount from each cylinder.After replacing the injectors, I pulled all the glow plugs for replacement. Before putting the new glow plugs in, I "bump cranked" the engine several times. This allowed any residual fluids to get blown out out of the cylinders via the open glow plug holes. After several "bump cranks", I let it crank for a few times for between 5 to 10 seconds ensuring as much fluid as possible was removed. By then I had pretty much eliminated any chance of hydrolocking the engine and bending connecting rods. Then I installed the new glow plugs and buttoned everything up. :2c

high_tech_redneck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i agree, just use a pry bar, put it under the hold downs, and pop them out, it's real simple

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58